From: Volker Dierks <v.dierks@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New adduser and deluser features suggestions
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 07:15:48
1 Christian Axelsson wrote:
2 > This is the features I would like to see in a new adduser (and deluser) package:
3 <SNIP>
4 hmm, sorry. I've no comments to the features but I've a problem
5 to add my personal useraccount to a gentoo system. I've posted
6 the question to the gentoo-user maillinglist but got no answer.
7 Perhaps someone on the dev list can give me a answer. My normal
8 useraccount uses a dot (f. e. f.bar).
9 useradd -c "Foo Bar" -d /home/f.bar -u 500 -g 200 -s /bin/bash f.bar
10 useradd: invalid user name 'f.bar'
11
12 This is a example. My real username has 8 characters (with the
13 dot). Whitout the dot, useradd works fine.
14
15 Does anyone know where I must drive the screw? /etc/login.defs
16 isn't it. Are the pam modules denying a dot?
17
18 Thanks, Volker
21 Volker Dierks
22 sonic.homeunix.net
23
24 -*- If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem -*-