From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Getting rid of lurking no* USE flags - profile-based package.use
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 17:19:01
1 On 09:37 Wed 03 Oct , Zac Medico wrote:
2 > Trying to include things that aren't implemented or things that are
3 > controversial will delay it. It's difficult to make time estimates
4 > for anything that's not implemented yet.
5 >
6 > It's trivial to do the EAPI-1 bump if we only include things that
7 > are already implemented. I can have a sys-apps/portage release in
8 > the tree this week with EAPI-1 support if we choose to do that.
9 > Looking at bug #174380, I'd say that EAPI-1 should certainly include
10 > #174405, #174410, and #179380 since they're all implemented and
11 > relatively non-controversial. Anything more than those can lead to
12 > potential delays.
13
14 Alright, do it! =) "Release early, release often" applies to EAPI too.
15
16 Thanks,
17 Donnie
18 --