From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, flameeyes@g.o, cardoe@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New USE flags documentation
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:18:05
1 On 11/24/07, Jose Luis Rivero <yoswink@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hi all:
3 >
4 > I've read on the planet the recently included support to document USE
5 > flags in metadata. Seems like it was an idea from flameeyes and cardoe,
6 > discussed on the planet [1][2] and performed by -infra (bug #199788).
7 >
8 > While planet is a good medium to share ideas and get contributors, seems to
9 > me like we need a more official way to discuss this kind of 'global'
10 > ideas before make them real. Or at least drop a note on -dev-announce
11 > explaining the new feature and telling devs and users this is now
12 > officially supported.
13 >
14 > I'm not asking for an extra overhead of 'bureaucracy' (write specs,
15 > mailling @dev, send to the council, etc.) but a bit more of communication
16 > would be appreciated:
17
18 Maybe you aren't but I am. It takes all of 20 minutes to write a
19 short GLEP. It takes 5 minutes to write an e-mail telling everyone
20 that you are doing something new before you do it. Thanks for
21 considering everyone in your changes.
24 > Is the feature ready to be used? Is there any kind of documentation
25 > (aside of DTD)? It will replace use.desc?
26 >
27 > Thanks.
28 >
29 > [1] http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/articles/2007/11/24/proposing-more-use-flag-documentation