From: Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] questions about small fixes/cleanups
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 20:13:19
1 On 14/09/16 12:20 PM, Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > On Wed, 14 Sep 2016 16:41:54 +0200
3 > Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
6 >> So, to sum it up, I have to:
7 >> - Open a browser, go to github (*)
8 >> - Find out latest commit hash, copy it
9 >> - (*) Copy the ebuild, setting a 8 digit version representing the date
10 >> - Open an editor
11 >> - Edit COMMIT='...' variable by pasting what was found on github. (*)
14 >> Thanks, but I prefer by far:
15 >> - Run a script
16 >> - Copy ebuild, setting version printed by the script.
19 >> (*) represents everytime i have to switch my hands between keyboard and
20 >> mouse
24 > You can also abuse `git ls-remote Path/To/Repo` -> list of SHA1s -> ebuild -> sed
25 >
26 > But you're back to writing a script =)
27 >
28 > Or you can do that manually, it reduces the number of *'s
32 More to the point of the original query, such scripts don't
33 necessarily need to exist in the gentoo repo; they can be in local
34 repos or project overlays instead.
35
36 Note also that I'm perfectly fine with scripts like this staying in
37 ${FILESDIR}.