From: "Tod M. Neidt" <tneidt@××××××.com>
To: "gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org" <gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] MMTK ebuild
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 23:19:19
1 Find attached an ebuild for the Molecular Modelling Toolkit (MMTK)
2 python module.
3 MMTK depends on the Scientific Python and Numerical Python modules, the
4 netCDF libraries, and python2.0
5
6 Gentoo philosophical question: Should all dependencies be explicit in
7 the ebuild.
8 In this ebuild, I only explicitly set Scientific Python and python as
9 dependencies as the Scientific python module catches Numeric and netCDF?
10
11 If any one is interested in testing this out, run
12 python /usr/share/MMTK_beta6/Examples/MolecularDynamics/protein.py
13 after merging.
14
15 It should run fine, but you will get a warning that "No PDB or VRML
16 viewer defined"
17 (I'm currently working on some ebuilds for viewers that work with MMTK)
18
19 If you would like to test and give your processor a workout run
20 python /usr/share/MMTK_beta6/Examples/MolecularDynamics/argon.py
21
22 Note: you will need the file argon.conf.gz (also attached; for some
23 reason this file wasn't included in the tarball) in the directory you
24 run python from (preferably some scratch directory, both tests will
25 create some files containing results). This simulation took 10-15
26 minutes to run (900 MHz Athlon)
27
28 Out of curiosity, are there any other Gentoo enthusiasts interested in
29 this kind of stuff?
30
31 Regards,
32