From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gtk2 use flag must die
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 19:31:51
1 On Sunday 02 April 2006 15:12, Carsten Lohrke wrote:
2 > On Sunday 02 April 2006 20:41, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > nothing personal, but who are you to say whether it's legit ?
4 >
5 > It's really not a question what's legit (heck, you started using this term,
6 > so blaming Olivier for using it is a bit odd)
7
8 i didnt blame Olivier for anything ... doesnt anyone get the "nothing
9 personal" part ?
10
11 > but what we (can and want to) support.
12
13 i dont recall asking you to support my packages
14
15 > Wouldn't it have been time for you to speak up, when the Gnome
16 > herd announced to deprecate Gtk1 support for applications that build again
17 > Gtk2!? Instead playing the road block for the very few people who may still
18 > favor Gtk1,
19
20 last time i recall following the gtk/gtk2 stuff, the idea was that in the
21 future to move to a gtk/gtk1 situation ... but this was back when Spider was
22 The Man, so i guess people forgot about that
23
24 > it should be more the question, if there's anyone supporting
25 > Gtk1 upstream with regards to security issues etc..
26
27 and when such a situation arises, the solution may to simply drop the optional
28 support. such a situation has not arose, so using such hypothetical examples
29 is meaningless.
30 -mike
31 --
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list