From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Hiatus (sort of)
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 13:58:52
1 Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Paul de Vrieze kirjoitti:
3 >> Hi all,
4 >>
5 >> Me and my wife and son are moving to Australia. We are now waiting for the visa's to arrive, and after that will need some time to set ourselves up. Our computers however are being shipped as we speak and will only arive in australia after roughly 6 weeks. I'm looking to buy a laptop, but connectivity will be problematic anyways. As such I will not be able to contribute as much as I would like.
6 >>
7 >> Paul
8 >
9 > So I am guessing this means that we are free to touch your packages?
10 >
11 Well,
12
13 If you don't completely restructure them. I currently maintain
14 sys-libs/db and subversion (and sort of look a bit after neon as being
15 orphaned and required for svn). Robbat2 sometimes also looks after db so
16 he's the guy who can tell you what to do with it. It's a bit complex in
17 its relationship with dependants. (So be very very diligent if you want
18 to unmask it, doing so will cause a number of bugs that I'll not be able
19 to investigate properly due to a lack of a gentoo host.
20
21 We now also got the visa's and will fly on April 21th. After that I'll
22 probably buy a laptop and be up and running ASAP, depending on the
23 internet access.
24
25 Paul
26 --