From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] git commit / push signing error
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 13:15:19
1 On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 3:36 AM, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn
2 <chithanh@g.o> wrote:
3 > Doug Goldstein schrieb:
4 >> gpg: cancelled by user
5 >> gpg: skipped "0xA2BC03DC87ED1BD4": Operation cancelled
6 >> gpg: signing failed: Operation cancelled
7 >> error: gpg failed to sign the data
8 >
9 > There was an IRC discussion yesterday about this. Probably your pinentry
10 > tries to talk to a GUI and fails. Try:
11 >
12 > unset DISPLAY
13 > export GPG_TTY=$(tty)
14 >
15 > to make it fall back to curses, or use "eselect pinentry" to select curses as
16 > default.
17 >
18 > Interestingly, git requires GPG_TTY if eselect-pinentry is set to gtk-2 or
19 > qt4, but repoman doesn't.
22 > Best regards,
23 > Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn
27 $ eselect pinentry show
28 Current pinentry binary implementation:
29 pinentry-curses
30
31 $ eselect pinentry list
32 Available pinentry binary implementations:
33 [1] pinentry-curses *
34
35 Its the only version I've got on this machine. The box is headless and
36 I ssh into and I use keychain to manage my SSH and GPG agent.
39 Doug Goldstein