From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: bakirov@××××××××.kg
Cc: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Setting a nice level for init scripts!
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 10:58:19
1 On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 11:45, Meder Bakirov wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Hi all!
6 >
7 > Is it possible to define a nice level for init scripts in /etc/conf.d/<script
8 > name>, for example? So, when computer starts it starts these scripts with
9 > specified nice level. We may call it PRIORITY and use it as below, for
10 > example:
11 >
12 > /etc/conf.d/somescript:
13 > # Some
14 > # comments here
15 >
16 > PRIORITY=-5
17 >
18 > and /etc/init.d/somescript will always run with the nice level, specified in
19 > /etc/conf.d/somescript, -5 in this example.
20 >
21 > It would be superb to have this feature in Gentoo Linux, so I can dedicate
22 > more CPU time for a process with a high level priority.
23 >
24 > AFAIK, Redhat 9 uses this feature, but I didn't check it.
27 So what is wrong with a one line change by yourself ?
32 Martin Schlemmer
33 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
34 Cape Town, South Africa