From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: The big eclasses massacre
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 19:39:20
1 On Monday 08 November 2004 03:07, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > What this says to me is that eclasses should be handled using
3 > DEPEND-like syntax. inherit x11, or inherit >=x11-2.
4
5 That is the only way if you don't want just to introduce version numbers.
6 Version numbers allready work well now, so do we real full eclass version
7 support (including depend like syntax (unlike .so libraries eclasses are
8 bound at run, not at link time, so an unversioned inherit will still allways
9 bind the most recent version)), or do we just want to introduce versioning in
10 a simpler way. This is probably a good idea anyway as it should be future
11 proof.
12
13 Paul
16 Paul de Vrieze