From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: List of User projects
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 10:03:11
1 Alistair Bush posted on Sun, 28 Mar 2010 17:13:14 +1300 as excerpted:
2
3 > I was just thinking how nice it could be if we acknowledged some of the
4 > projects that contribute to gentoo but are actually developed primarily
5 > outside of gentoo's dev community. How about a page on gentoo.org
6 >
7 > So lets me start with a couple of obvious ones.
8 >
9 > kportagetray
10 > pkgcore
11 > paludis
14 > There must be more than these or else gentoo really is dead.
15 >
16 > - Alistair
17 >
18 > ps. I would like the packages to be specifically for gentoo, but there
19 > are exceptions to this. as an example openrc (and even paludis to a
20 > degree). If you think that there is a package not specifically
21 > targetting gentoo that deserves a mention please make it clear why.
22
23 [Hmm... Was followup not set? It tried to post to the announce list too!
24 That's a no-no for replies! Luckily gmane has it set read-only so my news
25 client gave me a warning.]
26
27 So you mention openrc, but don't have it on the list?
28
29 FWIW, I've not looked, but I think a number of the portage helpers are
30 non-gentoo-dev developed, and certainly a number previously were, that
31 have ultimately been folded back into portage and/or gentoolkit in someway
32 or another now. I'm sure someone from one of those projects can list
33 several of them without even looking.
38 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman