From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] IBM article of interest ?
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 19:49:29
1 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > I'm not sure whether anyone among Gentoo officials cares about this,
3 > but IBM has an article
4 >
5 > http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-awk1.html
6 >
7 > whose byline is very misleading & may infringe on Gentoo's IP.
8 > I have submitted a comment to IBM via their form at the bottom of the page.
9 >
10 > HTH
13 What exactly is wrong? Daniel lives in New Mexico. Daniel was the
14 President of Gentoo Technologies, Inc and Gentoo Games, Inc. until their
15 corporate dissolution by the state of New Mexico in 2004 and 2005
16 respectively. He did create Gentoo Linux, which many Gentoo users and
17 developers will argue is an advanced Linux. I'll give you the point that
18 it's not just for the PC but for assorted hardware. He was involved as a
19 contributor to the books referenced. I can't speak for Daniel's
20 childhood or his hobbies. As far as I know, infra does have a forward
21 setup for him from drobbins@g.o or it's possible that forward has
22 expired already. Only infra knows.
23
24 You might be confusing the Gentoo Foundation, Inc. with Gentoo
25 Technologies, Inc. But no where does that site talk about the Gentoo
26 Foundation.
27 --
28 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list