From: Mathijs Kwik <troxx@××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] gnome-base/mc dependancies
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 15:11:37
1 it seems gnome-base/mc depends on dev-libs/glib
2
3 and it has a weird RDEPEND on virtual/x11-web-browser
4 why?
5 RDEPEND should ONLY be used if it needs this package(netscape in this case) to BUILD... that's NOT the case I think...
6 I know mc can use a webbrowser to view certain files(html and so) but since I don't want X on my system, I prefer "links" to www... I now put "links" instead of netscape in virtual/x11-web-browser but this is NOT a nice name then... perhaps there should be virtual/web-browser also?
7
8 greetings
9 /Mathijs