From: Steve Rodgers <steve.rodgers@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] mysql commercial
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 18:55:05
1 so unless it's of real use to others I might just continue to support it myself.
2 I'm already packaging up other internal apps using a portage overlay.
3
4 FYI - if you deploy an app which is non-gpl which links against mysql libs then
5 you need to deploy against a commercial version of mysql.
6 this is built and maintained in binary format by mysql - and requires
7 username/password to download.
8
9 there are various packages - rpms and tarballs available.
10
11 for commercial apps using the mysql c api you must use commercial mysql - if you
12 use e.g. php then that's ok as there is a php clause in the license.
13
14 Steve
15