From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] OT - My introduction
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 19:06:15
My name is Michael Sullivan.  I have an Associates of Applied Science in
computers from a small college in Oklahoma.  In September of 2003 I was
legally declared disabled. Now I do just about anything to avoid
boredom.  I'd like to help out; I love working with code.  I'm not sure
how qualified I am to work on large projects; I know the basics of C/C++
and Java, and I've worked a little bit with perl and python.  What would
you suggest I use to further educate myself to be of more use to the
community?  My wife and I have low income, so I'd prefer free resources
if possible.  In the meantime, are there any small projects out there
that I can "cut my teeth" on?
-Michael Sullivan-