From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] OT - My introduction
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 19:06:15
1 My name is Michael Sullivan. I have an Associates of Applied Science in
2 computers from a small college in Oklahoma. In September of 2003 I was
3 legally declared disabled. Now I do just about anything to avoid
4 boredom. I'd like to help out; I love working with code. I'm not sure
5 how qualified I am to work on large projects; I know the basics of C/C++
6 and Java, and I've worked a little bit with perl and python. What would
7 you suggest I use to further educate myself to be of more use to the
8 community? My wife and I have low income, so I'd prefer free resources
9 if possible. In the meantime, are there any small projects out there
10 that I can "cut my teeth" on?
11 -Michael Sullivan-
14 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list