From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dependencies default to accept any slot value acceptable (:*), can we default to :0 instead?
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 17:19:17
1 Am Sonntag, 8. Dezember 2013, 17:56:12 schrieb Tom Wijsman:
2 >
3 > When our defaults force us down such path, that can't be good and it
4 > affects the quality of our Portage tree; so, this makes me wonder, can
5 > we change the default from :* to :0? What do you think?
8 I see the point, but I have my doubts on retroactively changing things.
9 (It's a global change where we would have to be very very very careful
10 regarding interactions with eclasses and so on.)
11
12 How about changing this in the next EAPI instead?
13
14 E.g., in EAPI=6, if no slot dependency is given in a dependency specification,
15 default to :0
19 Andreas K. Huettel
20 Gentoo Linux developer
21 dilfridge@g.o