From: Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@×××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: new herd: theology
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 10:04:30
1 Le Sat, 28 Apr 2007 22:27:47 +0000 (UTC),
2 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> a écrit :
3
4 > Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@×××××××××.ch> posted
5 > 20070428183250.68881282@localhost, excerpted below, on Sat, 28 Apr 2007
6 > 18:32:50 +0200:
7 >
8 > > I disagree. When searching for a software to do a given job and when I
9 > > have no idea of which software can do it, I begin to look for the ebuild
10 > > descriptions in the portage tree. It goes faster as anything else with
11 > > mc. And I will never search a genealogy program in theology, so I will
12 > > just miss it if it is in theology.
13 >
14 > I think you are missing the distinction between category/package, as seen
15 > in the tree and therefore affecting users and externally visible, and
16 > herd, which many users likely aren't aware of at all, as it's primarily a
17 > Gentoo-internal way for devs to organize packages of a similar theme they
18 > may be interested in working on.
21 It is well possible as I am not a dev. (still) I will look at it. But it
22 doesn't change at some devs expressed the same concern in this thread. Another
23 fact remain: theology is about religion when genealogy is about sciences.
24
25 Ciao,
26 Dominique
27 --