From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: linux-firmware
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 20:44:18
1 >>>>> On Thu, 21 Feb 2013, Greg KH wrote:
2
3 > Has anyone asked the upstream linux-firmware developers about these
4 > files?
5
6 I don't know. I haven't, for my part. But maybe we should first try
7 to produce a more complete list, instead of reporting each file
8 separately? Given that most of the files are being distributed since
9 years, another few days cannot matter.
10
11 > thanks for the detailed descriptions, much appreciated.
12
13 > I think this is something that the Board needs to decide, after
14 > discussing it with our lawyers, it's not something that non-legal
15 > people (like myself) should be saying is the definitive answer.
16
17 I fully agree. And IANAL, so anything that I say about license issues
18 should be taken with a grain of salt.
19
20 Ulrich