From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: robbat2@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New third party mirrors
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 16:38:50
1 On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 16:19:11 +0000
2 "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 04:50:49PM +0200, Corentin Chary wrote:
5 > > >> $ ./mirrors.py --all --count
6 > > >> 297 ?? ?? http://pear.php.net
7 > > >> 297 ?? ?? http://pear.php.net/get
8 > > >> 88 ?? ?? ??http://pecl.php.net
9 > > >> 88 ?? ?? ??http://pecl.php.net/get
10 > > > These are already mirror bouncers. If you visit the above, you'll
11 > > > get the closest mirror for downloading.
12 > > And since there is already ~10 "mirrors" with only one actual
13 > > backend, should they go to thirdpartymirrors or not ? If not, what
14 > > about this pseudo-mirrors already present in thirdpartymirrors ?
15 > I think we should add the pseudo-mirrors, but explicitly mark them as
16 > such in the file, so that they don't get duplicate entries added (eg
17 > adding us.pear, de.pear and the pear bouncer is bad. Should have just
18 > the bouncer).
19
20 It'd be great if we could add some kind of additional mirror entries,
21 which would be used by repoman to signal missing mirror:// entries but
22 won't be used for downloads.
25 Best regards,
26 Michał Górny