From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] License Checking
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 18:01:20
1 On 11/23/03 Jason Stubbs wrote:
2
3 > Hello all,
4 >
5 > I've done a small patch which checks for licenses but have come across
6 > an issue while testing. Take the following:
7 >
8 > xfree contains LICENSE="X11 MSttfEULA"
9 > qt contains LICENSE="QPL-1.0 | GPL-2"
10 >
11 > What other lexical forms are there? The ebuild howto doesn't even
12 > mention the above construct. Will I find something like "(LIC1 LIC2) |
13 > LIC3"?
14 >
15 > Most importantly, though, does portage already contain the code to
16 > parse these somewhere?
17
18 So before we can go ahead and implement this the following points have
19 to be cleared:
20 - formal syntax and semantic of the LICENSE variable
21 - What should be the default for ACCEPT_LICENSES, this is probably a
22 point for the managers meeting
23 - How should portage handle packages with unaccepted licenses
24
25 Marius
30 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
31 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.