From: Luis Medinas <metalgod@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Xmms needs to die.
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 21:05:29
1 On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 16:49 -0400, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > I don't see how whining about a package you don't maintain, nor helping
3 > out with it helps anyone. Either it stays in pmask, or it stays in
4 > sunrise (since I would bet 5 bucks it ends up in sunrise after getting
5 > punted). The sound team has been very courteous in informing the
6 > community on the matters pertaining to xmms, so either someone picks up
7 > the slack for it, or the affected users (developers and arch teams
8 > included) find another player.
9 >
10 > I don't see why sound should break their backs just so everyone can have
11 > their cake.
12 >
13 > It reminds me of the whole "why isn't X,Y,Z stable!". You are an
14 > empowered smart user, I think you can figure out how to keep a package
15 > that is not in the tree installed on your systems.
16 >
17 Sound herd will have an overlay as soon as we elect a new leader and put
18 xmms there. This is a solution that prevents users to turn their back
19 from us. So xmms will only be used in special cases when someone looks
20 to play something other players don't play.
21 We will keep the future in mind like "we need to inovate" and put xmms2
22 in the tree.
25 Gentoo Linux Developer
26 http://dev.gentoo.org/~metalgod
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list