From: Luis Medinas <metalgod@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Developer: Chris Parrott
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 17:00:55
1 On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 11:16 -0500, Mike Doty wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > All-
6 >
7 > Chris has move from various AT projects to a developer. cparrot was
8 > fist on the amd64 AT project, then he moved on to other arches and some
9 > other hards. It's my great pleasure to have him as a gentoo developer.
10 >
11 > In his own words:
12 > Greetings!
13 >
14 > My name is Chris Parrott, and I am joining the Gentoo developer corps
15 > as a member of the Haskell herd, working with Duncan Coutts. I
16 > reside near Austin, Texas with my lovely wife and three boys. I have
17 > been a user and fan of Gentoo since around the 1.4 release, back in
18 > 2003. Before that, I have used various other forms of Linux since
19 > around 1994 or so. Prior to joining Gentoo as a developer, I served
20 > for over a year as an AT on the amd64 team. I also happen to own a
21 > wide variety of machines that have Gentoo installations on them:
22 > amd64, ppc64, sparc, alpha, hppa, and mips. (The first four are my
23 > primary testbed, but I can fire the others up as needed.) My main
24 > interests are programming languages/compilers, high-performance
25 > computing -- and to a lesser extent, databases, web applications, and
26 > networking. I almost always enjoy learning new things.
27 >
28 > Outside of Gentoo, I have a pretty cool day job: I work for a
29 > prominent U.S. chip manufacturer, doing performance analysis on Linux
30 > clusters. I can also speak a little Spanish and German, although I'm
31 > not very fluent. I also enjoy grilling, playing with my kids, music,
32 > and hiking.
33 >
34 > I am looking forward to working with all of you and getting to know
35 > you better. Anytime you want to chat about something, please feel
36 > free to ping me on IRC or drop me an email.
39 Congrats again Chris... i know you from a long time and i wish you good
40 luck. You have been an AT since a long time and you already know the
41 house so welcome to the team now as a dev :).
47 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list