From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: EAPI spec (was Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: let's clear things up (was Slacker archs))
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:02:23
1 On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:28:51 +0100 "Denis Dupeyron"
2 <calchan@g.o> wrote:
3 | You forgot to mention that the "small group" is either a subset of the
4 | interested parties or is commissioned by them. Which doesn't appear to
5 | be the case here.
6
7 Sure it is.
8
9 | > Because there are a lot of people with opinions out there, and they
10 | > will all start saying things like "well it would be better if things
11 | > were like $blah, so you should change it to say $blah".
12 |
13 | Which means exactly what it means. You would settle for something
14 | mediocre? We are here to help you, Ciaran.
15
16 No, it means the spec is a description of how things are, not how
17 people want them to be.
18
19 | > Have a look at the amount of noise that comes up any time this kind
20 | > of discussion takes place on this list...
21 |
22 | Well, it seems that many devs believe there is something wrong in the
23 | way PMS is conducted. Their observation isn't based on the result
24 | itself, but on the status (or rather non-status) and behavior of some
25 | of the project members. Some, even, question the intentions. The noise
26 | you hear is the alarm that's ringing.
27
28 It seems that some devs don't have a clue what they're on about or
29 what's going on, and it strikes me as better that they remain
30 uninvolved.
33 Ciaran McCreesh
34 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
35 Web : http://ciaranm.org/