From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: autotools.eclass no longer inherits eutils; check your ebuilds!
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 09:32:31
1 On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 9:04 AM, Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
2 > El mié, 23-05-2012 a las 06:39 +1000, Michael escribió:
3 >> On 2012-05-22 03:46, Alexandre Rostovtsev wrote:
4 >> > On May 20, autools.eclass was changed to no longer inherit eutils, see
5 >> > http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/eclass/autotools.eclass?r1=1.133&r2=1.134
6 >> >
7 >> > Relying on autotools.eclass for your eutils needs was always a terrible
8 >> > idea, but a few ebuilds did it anyway. Those ebuilds are now *broken*
9 >> > since they can no longer use epatch. See bug #416847 for an example.
10 >> >
11 >> > Check your ebuilds to make sure you inherit eutils in anything that uses
12 >> > epatch!
13 >> >
14 >> > -Alexandre Rostovtsev.
15 >> >
16 >> >
17 >> >
18 >> Since eutils inherits multilib and user, the breakage extends beyond epatch.
19 >> For example, I just saw bug #417153, where a user reported failed calls
20 >> to enew{user,group}.
25 > The autotools.eclass change should probably be reverted until things are
26 > properly checked I think (and I will do it tomorrow if nobody disagrees)
27
28 It is far too late to do that. What is done is done. Let try and fix
29 what is still broken
30
31 Regards,
32 Markos