From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuilds for kde3 beta etc.
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 23:05:22
1 On Tuesday 25 December 2001 03:12, you wrote:
2 > mån 2001-12-24 klockan 09.27 skrev Geert Bevin:
3 > > Mikael Hallendal wrote:
4 > >
5 > > Personally I'm not so hot either that these ebuilds would propagate to
6 > > every regular user. However, using cvs for developers to make it easy to
7 > > test the ebuilds is of course the best way to do so. Why not put them in
8 > > gentoo-src in a dedicated ebuild-beta directory. That way, the best of
9 > > both world are met. Another idea might be for rsync to filter out all
10 > > masked ebuilds. However I don't know if this would be possible. Starting
11 > > to branch the cvs into stable / development ebuilds seems a bit too much
12 > > of a hassle currently. After the release of 1.0 this might however be
13 > > the best way to proceed.
14 >
15 > This can be solved with CVS branches in gentoo-x86, using branches as
16 > stable/unstable whatever, and let rsync (and anonymous cvs) only export
17 > stable.
18 Well, I'd be glad to have cvs branches. It would certainly be the most
19 comfortable solution. However as I see it it would probably need portage-side
20 suport of at least multiple portage dirs. drobbins?
24 Dan Armak
25 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
26 Matan, Israel