From: Agostino Sarubbo <ago@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Declare the type of source
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 15:58:37
1 On lunedì 28 giugno 2021 17:07:57 CEST Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > If the package declares a dependency on e.g. virtual/c-compiler, ago
3 > would want to re-test it whenever a new version of any compiler is
4 > released that satisfies virtual/c-compiler. Conversely, if the package
5 > doesn't require virtual/c-compiler, we may assume that it doesn't
6 > compile C code, and is not affected by the new version.
7
8 I need to admit that your solution is more simplest because there is nothing
9 to implement.
10
11 We can create a new category (like virtual) called tinderbox, then for example
12 we could have:
13 tinderbox/c
14 tinderbox/c++
15 tinderbox/go
16
17 and so on.
18
19 Those tinderbox 'packages' added as DEPEND must not pull a default compiler or
20 so, instead they will not pull anything.
21
22 They are there with the purpose of show the output of something like:
23 equery depends tinderbox/c
26 Agostino