From: Bret Towe <magnade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] glibc & binutils -aware hackers wanted for questions ;)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 01:59:16
1 On 11/28/05, Spider (D.m.D. Lj.) <spider@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 > I've been looking some at Michael Meeks -Bdirect patches, and the
4 > possible performance boost they could give.
5 >
6 > The good parts here is that it seems to be far less intrusive for the
7 > running system than prelink is, on the other hand, it does require a
8 > more intrusive surgery into the core systems.
9 >
10 > So, now I'm just asking for comments and/or discussion here.. would it
11 > be worth the time spent on this?
12 > http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2005-10/msg00436.html
13
14 looks interesting personally id like to see how it acts on kde also
15 and some small c++ apps to see if it hurts them any
16 a single benchmark for a change that would affect so much seems
17 a bit silly to me
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list