From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposed security policy for web-based apps
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 10:26:11
1 On Wednesday 06 July 2005 20:10, Radoslaw Stachowiak wrote:
2 > Why only web-based apps? What about other tools and apps exposed to the
3 > network?
4 Webapps are simpler to install to base users, they are generally just a
5 "extract, change perms, execute php stuff".
6 Other stuff is quite more difficult, and sometime you don't have new security
7 bugs while upstream is away or dead. If all the "upstream away for more than
8 3 months" or "upstream dead, package works like a charm" will be removed in a
9 couple of months from portage, users will start complaining.
10 And I cannot say I would disagrees with them.
13 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
14 Gentoo Developer - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
15 (Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Gentoo/AMD64, Sound, PAM)