From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: app-eselect category
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 20:47:14
1 I had already brought this up a long time ago [1] but it wasn't done
2 then, mainly because the thread drifted into a discussion of the
3 category's name. (Does anyone remember the "Universal Select Tool"
4 which was a GSoC project in 2009? :)
5
6 Now the number of eselect-* packages in the app-admin category has
7 grown to 52. Should we create a new app-eselect category for them?
8 eselect itself would stay in app-admin.
9
10 app-admin itself contains 244 packages which is well above the
11 median (58) and the mean value (113) of packages in a category.
12
13 Ulrich
14
15 [1] https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/4cfd11c209754be96ffa417cb4d40b9f