From: Grant Goodyear <grant@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] bug/issue tracker requirements
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 14:44:01
1 I'm absolutely the wrong person to put this topic together, but
2 I'll give it a stab anyway.
3
4 User requirements:
5 1. Simple to add a bug, an ebuild or a patch, or a feature request.
6 2. Current bugs/whatever easily displayed, preferably by priority
7 3. Search system for bugs/whatever
10 My own opinion is that being able to easily scan the current bugs/to-dos
11 is very important, which is why I put (2) above (3). I'm reasonably
12 agnostic over whether the submission interface should be via web,
13 e-mail, or both. I like the way that roundup keeps a list of everybody
14 who has commented on a particular bug/to-do and sends an e-mail to
15 everybody on that list whenever a bug/to-do is updated. I assume the
16 other bug trackers do something similar.
17
18 Dev requirements:
19 1. All of the above user requirements. Hey, we'll use it most!
20 2. Ability to own a bug/to-do, set the priority, label it complete, etc.
21 3. Probably lots of other things that I can't think of right now.
22
23 Now if somebody who actually uses one of these things would take up this
24 thread. . ..
25
26 -g2boojum-
27 --
29 | Grant Goodyear | The Secrets of Physics: |
30 | Dept. of Chemistry - Clemson U |1. Add zero. |
31 | Clemson, SC 29634 |2. Multiply by one. |
32 |-------------------------------------|3. Expand in a Taylor series|
33 |e-mail: goodyea@×××××××.edu |4. Integrate by parts. |
34 |www:bernacchi.chem.uh.edu/~grant |5. Fourier transform. |
35 | |6. Add auxiliary variables |