From: Thomas Kahle <tom111@×××.de>
To: gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-devhelp] ebuild environment
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 20:45:21
Hi,

I'm having some autotools trouble. In an ebuild I use sed to modify
configure.ac with something like

sed "s/\"-lntl\"/\"-lntl\" \"-lgf2x -lntl\"/" -i "${S}/configure.ac"

make configure is run by the ebuild after this! If I run configure
outside the portage environment this test succeeds with "-lgf2x -lntl"
and everything is fine. However, if run from portage the test fails. Now
I wonder if I have to do something special. I even used grep and emerge
--debug to confirm that the configure script actually has the modified
test. It just seems that the library -lgf2x can not be found inside the
portage environment.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Thomas

--
Thomas Kahle

The fundamental theorem of algebra is open source. Like any other
mathematical theorem it can be applied free of charge and everybody
has access to its proof and can convince himself how it works. Why
should software be any different?