From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devhelp] ebuild maintainers
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:32:14
> There are developers who will commit for you, but I am unsure how to > find them (proxy-maint@g.o just goes to masterdriverz and he > isn't the only guy doing it).
Well, considering that ebuild in question is destined for sci-mathematics it makes sense to write to sci, or even better sci-mathematics@g.o and ask for a proxy maintainer. (BTW, at the quick glance your ebuild looked Ok, although I did not look very carefully) However I would suggest taking a bit more active stance and going with science overlay. If you are going to be maintaining one package, why not create a 2nd or a 3rd one or pick up some that are still in bugzilla but not in the tree. You may search for the bugs assigned to sci or sci-mathematics that have a maintainer-wanted (or just look through all belonging to these herds) and pick the ones you are interested in. Start by updating/correcting some of them, then ask for the commit rights to science overlay. Eventually you might even want to try becoming a full developer ;). George -- gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-devhelp] ebuild maintainers Thomas Kahle <tom111@×××.de>