From: Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o>
To: gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o
Cc: Stayvoid <stayvoid@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devhelp] CLFSWM.ebuild
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 16:38:55
1 Stayvoid schrieb:
2 > Hello!
3 >
4 > I am trying to write a ebuild for CLFSWM: http://common-lisp.net/project/clfswm/
5 >
6 > It's hard because I don't know bash and lisp.
7 >
8 > Here is what I have for today:
9 > http://paste.pocoo.org/show/533700/
10 >
11 > I've successfully run: manifest, configure, compile, install and
12 > merge. What should I do next? How to check that it's OK?
13 > Is there some guide for "checking" ebuilds?
14 >
15 > I've also tried to run it via dev-lisp/clisp, but it failed. (I've
16 > installed clisp manually (via emerge). I've thought that it should be
17 > done automatically (via ebuild).) And I'm
18 > not sure why.
19 > Here is a guide: http://trac.common-lisp.net/clfswm/wiki/Setup
22 > Cheers.
26 I dont know lisp myself, but beside the lisp specific configure opts
27 (which i cannot comment on, since i dont know them) the ebuild looks ok.
28
29 Why did you use the ebuild command to install this package? Just create
30 it in your local overlay and you can use emerge to install the package.
31 That additionally has the advantage, that the dependencies (like clisp)
32 will be installed, the ebuild command alone does not do any dependency
33 related work.
34
35 If you want to check, what it installs, you can either use emerge with
36 --verbose switch or tools like equery (from gentoolkit package) to view
37 the list of installed files.
38
39 > I've also tried to run it via dev-lisp/clisp, but it failed.
40
41 I dont know, what you mean with this sentence, so if there is still
42 something left/open for a question, then i suggest you rephrase it and
43 post again on this list. As alternative, you could also ask on IRC in
44 channels like #gentoo-dev-help or #gentoo-sunrise on freenode network.
48 Thomas Sachau
49 Gentoo Linux Developer