From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devhelp] Re: How do I get just the "-j" part from MAKEOPTS?
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 14:20:01
1 On Sunday 22 April 2012 15:23:42 Torsten Veller wrote:
2 > * Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>:
3 > > On Monday 26 March 2012 22:43:43 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
4 > > > I have an ebuild that uses jam as its build system. jam supports
5 > > > parallel builds with -jN. However, other make options are not
6 > > > recognized. So in the ebuild, I can't just pass ${MAKEOPTS}.
7 > > >
8 > > > Is there a way to filter out just the "-jN" part of MAKEOPTS and pass
9 > > > it on?
10 > >
11 > > i've committed makeopts_jobs to eutils.eclass for you to use
12 >
13 > You also changed other eclasses to use makeopts_jobs.
14 > But makeopts_jobs currently doesn't support --jobs... in MAKEOPTS.
15 >
16 > Can you please add support for "--jobs[=jobs]" to makeopts_jobs?
17
18 i don't see much point in supporting --jobs as no one really uses that style,
19 but i did it for the fun of writing sed anyways. the other examples didn't
20 support the full make syntax either, so i fixed that in the process.
21 -mike