From: Sergei Trofimovich <slyfox@g.o>
To: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
Cc: gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devhelp] How do I select a specific Git "head" in live ebuilds?
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 19:53:20
1 > I am trying to create an ebuild that fetches a specific head from a Git
2 > repo. As you can see here:
3 >
4 > http://lmms.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=lmms/lmms;a=summary
5 >
6 > There are several "heads" listed: master, stable-0.4, calf-updates, etc.
7 > By default, the git eclass uses "master". I tried putting:
8 >
9 > EGIT_BRANCH="stable-0.4"
10 >
11 > in the ebuild. But this doesn't seem to help; "master" is emerged
12 > instead of "stable-0.4".
13 >
14 > What am I doing wrong?
15
16 Hi Nikos!
17
18 I didn't dig seriously in eclass, but EGIT_TREE and _BRANCH both helped me.
19
20 EGIT_REPO_URI="git://repo.or.cz/tinycc.git"
21 EGIT_TREE="mob"
22 EGIT_BRANCH="mob"
23
24 Whole thing is here: