From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o
Cc: Thomas Kahle <tom111@×××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devhelp] epatch and svn
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 18:22:47
1 On Monday 16 November 2009 12:33:26 Thomas Kahle wrote:
2 > Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
3 > > 2009/11/16 Thomas Kahle <tom111@×××.de>:
4 > >> Description of this variable says:
5 > >> "List of patches to apply prior to fetching the sources". I find this
6 > >> confusing. What can you patch before you have the sources?
7 > >
8 > > # @ECLASS-VARIABLE: ESVN_PATCHES
10 > > # subversion eclass can apply patches in subversion_bootstrap().
11 > > # you can use regexp in this variable like *.diff or *.patch or etc.
12 > > # NOTE: patches will be applied before ESVN_BOOTSTRAP is processed.
13 > >
14 > > This is the description I read ESVN_BOOTSTRAP is not fetching the
15 > > sources it runs commands like autogen.sh and the like. So the sources
16 > > are already fetched and copied to WORKDIR.
17 > >
18 > > Where did you get your description?
19 >
20 > http://devmanual.gentoo.org/eclass-reference/subversion.eclass/index.html
21
22 the eclass-manpages are more authoritative than the devmanual. there's a bug
23 open to get those generated from the same source.
24 -mike