From: Justin <justin@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devhelp] autotools again
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 19:14:50
1 Thomas Kahle wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have a package (sci-mathematics/Macaulay2) which checks whether gmp is
5 > build with --enable-cxx. This test succeeds when I run the configure
6 > outside of portage, but fails inside.
7 > What could be happening here? Where is a start for debugging such things?
8 >
9 > /var/tmp/portage/sci-mathematics/Macaulay2-1.3.1/temp/environment
10 >
11 > Does not tell me anything useful, or does it?
12 >
13 > Thanks
14 > Thomas
17 Hi Tom,
18
19 The configure.ac or .in should tell you what exactly configure checks
20 and tell you more why it fails.
21
22 You can join our irc channel either #gentoo-devhelp or #gentoo-science
23 on freenode. There we can give you faster help.
24
25 justin