From: Thomas Kahle <tom111@×××.de>
To: gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devhelp] Re: ebuild environment
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 21:09:31
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 08/11/2009 11:42 PM, Thomas Kahle wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> I'm having some autotools trouble. In an ebuild I use sed to modify
6 >> configure.ac with something like
7 >>
8 >> sed "s/\"-lntl\"/\"-lntl\" \"-lgf2x -lntl\"/" -i "${S}/configure.ac"
9 >>
10 >> make configure is run by the ebuild after this!
11 >
12 > "make configure"? Don't you need eautoreconf?
13 I dont know. I suppose not. How this package is supposed to be compiled is:
14
15 make configure
16 configure
17 make
18 make install
19
20 since I do the sed'ing of configure.ac before 'make configure' (which
21 created 'configure' script in the first place) I assume that eautoreconf
22 is not needed. I still tried it in 'various places' but no success. Let
23 me say again that I checked that the configure script is actually
24 modified and running the parts of the ebuild outside of portage works as
25 it should.
28 Thomas Kahle
29
30 The fundamental theorem of algebra is open source. Like any other
31 mathematical theorem it can be applied free of charge and everybody
32 has access to its proof and can convince himself how it works. Why
33 should software be any different?