From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o
Cc: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devhelp] Re: Mutually exclusive USE flags
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 04:17:28
On Sunday 31 January 2010 11:18:47 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> In pkg_setup(): > > if use alsa && use oss ; then > einfo > ewarn "You have enabled both the \"alsa\" as well as the \"oss\" USE > flags. It" > ewarn "is not possible to build mozilla-firefox or xulrunner with > support for" > ewarn "both. ALSA will be used in this case. If you want OSS > support, unset the" > ewarn "\"alsa\" USE flag and leave only \"oss\" set." > fi
i personally use terse messages like: You have USE='oss alsa'. It is not possible to use both, so ALSA has been selected by default. i figure the end user can figure out the rest. up to you of course.
> In src_configure(): > > # Enable/Disable audio in firefox > if use alsa || use oss ; then > mozconfig_annotate '' --enable-ogg > mozconfig_annotate '' --enable-wave > fi > > > In this last one, I'm not sure how to pass something to the first > argument of mozconfig_annotate. The original was: > > mozconfig_use_enable alsa ogg > > which translates into: > > mozconfig_annotate 'alsa' --enable-ogg > > The point is that the user will see which USE flags are responsible for > "--enable-*" and "--disable-*" options. Unfortunately, this: > > mozconfig_use_enable ( alsa || oss ) ogg > > is not possible. Should I therefore write the block twice in a nested > if block or leave it as is (and losing the information about which USE > flag resulted in "--enable-ogg|wave"?)
wouldnt these make more sense behind USE=ogg and USE=wav ? -mike

Subject Author
[gentoo-devhelp] Re: Mutually exclusive USE flags Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>