From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devhelp] LINGUAS vs LANGUAGES
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 15:01:40
2009/5/15 Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>:
> (It would be nice to reply on-list so the list's archives will be helpful to > others searching through it.)
Aaargh. I vote for setting the reply-to-ist header for all gentoo lists.
> The application uses qmake and it simply installs all languages (*.qm files) > unconditionally during "make install" and loads the appropriate one > according to the LANG env variable at runtime, falling back to English if > one isn't available.  At this time, German ("de") is the only one supported > though (the app's built-in being English).
Ah okay qmake. I somehow mixed this up with cmake.
> The solution I arrived at in my ebuild is: > >  IUSE="linguas_de" > > and then in src_install() I don't use the "install" make target which would > install the *.qm files unconditionally, but rather use the other targets > "install" depends upon, omitting "install_i18n": > >  # Install everything except documentation and i18n. >  emake INSTALL_ROOT="${D}" install_target install_charmaps \ >  || die "make install failed" >  # Install i18n files. >  if use linguas_de; then >    insinto "${GAMES_DATADIR}/${PN}/i18n" >    doins "${PN}_de.qm" || die "doins ${PN}_de.qm failed" >  fi
This should work but more convenient would be if there is some configuration switch you can use to define the installed languages.
> It works.  I assume putting linguas_de directly in IUSE is correct? >
I use this for appending LINGUAS to IUSE but only because I have seen this many times in other ebuilds IUSE="dbus debug kde monolithic +oxygen phonon postgres +server +ssl webkit +X" LANGS="cs da de fr hu it nb_NO ru sl tr" for l in ${LANGS}; do IUSE="${IUSE} linguas_${l}" done Putting it directly in IUSE will also work. -- Daniel Pielmeier

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-devhelp] LINGUAS vs LANGUAGES Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>