From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devhelp] LINGUAS vs LANGUAGES
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 15:01:40
1 2009/5/15 Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>:
2 > (It would be nice to reply on-list so the list's archives will be helpful to
3 > others searching through it.)
4
5 Aaargh. I vote for setting the reply-to-ist header for all gentoo lists.
6
7 > The application uses qmake and it simply installs all languages (*.qm files)
8 > unconditionally during "make install" and loads the appropriate one
9 > according to the LANG env variable at runtime, falling back to English if
10 > one isn't available.  At this time, German ("de") is the only one supported
11 > though (the app's built-in being English).
12
13 Ah okay qmake. I somehow mixed this up with cmake.
14
15 > The solution I arrived at in my ebuild is:
16 >
17 >  IUSE="linguas_de"
18 >
19 > and then in src_install() I don't use the "install" make target which would
20 > install the *.qm files unconditionally, but rather use the other targets
21 > "install" depends upon, omitting "install_i18n":
22 >
23 >  # Install everything except documentation and i18n.
24 >  emake INSTALL_ROOT="${D}" install_target install_charmaps \
25 >  || die "make install failed"
26 >  # Install i18n files.
27 >  if use linguas_de; then
28 >    insinto "${GAMES_DATADIR}/${PN}/i18n"
29 >    doins "${PN}_de.qm" || die "doins ${PN}_de.qm failed"
30 >  fi
31
32 This should work but more convenient would be if there is some
33 configuration switch you can use to define the installed languages.
34
35 > It works.  I assume putting linguas_de directly in IUSE is correct?
38 I use this for appending LINGUAS to IUSE but only because I have seen
39 this many times in other ebuilds
40
41 IUSE="dbus debug kde monolithic +oxygen phonon postgres +server +ssl webkit +X"
42
43 LANGS="cs da de fr hu it nb_NO ru sl tr"
44 for l in ${LANGS}; do
45 IUSE="${IUSE} linguas_${l}"
46 done
47
48 Putting it directly in IUSE will also work.
51 Daniel Pielmeier