From: "Steven J. Long" <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-devhelp] Re: Missing libreoffice sdk libs symlinks ?
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 22:11:44
1 Hi Petric,
2
3 On Thu, Sep 12, 2013, Petric Frank wrote:
4 > During linking of my (c++, Qt) project i had to give the full names (and path)
5 > of two shared libs required (and provided) by libreoffice. These are
6 > /usr/lib(64)/libreoffice/ure/lib/libreg.so.3
7 > /usr/lib(64)/libreoffice/ure/lib/libstore.so.3
8 >
9 > As they are not symlinked to version-less versions i can not simply give
10 > -lreg -lstore
11 > as link statement. I have to refer them using their full path.
12
13 You should be able to use: -L '$(libexecdir)' -l libreg.so.3 -l libstore.3
14 where libexecdir is pretty clear, i hope. (Choose another name though,
15 it's how I'd refer to it from inside libreoffice, and may only be one
16 of N there for all I know; i don't use it.) It's make syntax, not shell.
17 (I realise you prob'y know that, but might not in CMake land, and I'd
18 be remiss if I didn't mention it.)
19
20 > My questions are:
21 > - Is this a bug ?
22
23 In general yes, however this is in a private app-dir, not a path in the
24 standard linker lookup (which is why the standard set of symlinks is not
25 in place. It's not an exported ABI.)
26
27 So no, not in this case, but it would be in a standard libdir.
28
29 > - If yes - should i place the bug report at the gentoo bug tracker or the
30 > libreoffice one ?
31
32 Always gentoo first, so that they can send it upstream as a distro bug,
33 should it be needed. That helps you get it solved quicker upstream, and
34 saves you hassle.
35
36 Regards,
37 steveL.
38 --
39 #friendly-coders -- We're friendly, but we're not /that/ friendly ;-)