From: Thomas Pani <thomas.pani@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-devhelp] sci-libs/sympy USE flags
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 09:37:24
I've maintained the sci-libs/sympy ebuild (bug# 192785) in sunrise for
some time. Now Mateusz Paprocki provided an updated ebuild [1], but I've
got a few questions before I put it in sunrise:

- sympy uses libxml2 and libxslt to generate MathML code. Which USE-flag
would be more appropriate, `xslt' or `math' (or intruduce `mathml')?
app-office/abiword-plugins and www-apps/mediawiki both use the math use
flag to enable math rendering, but as Andrey Grozin pointed out sympy
provides math rendering via LaTeX, mathml, TeXmacs, so using `math'
would be ambiguous.

- Should there be a USE-flag that pulls in TeXmacs? If yes, which one?

- Once again for plotting. Uses pyglet ([2]), which is not yet in
portage but comes packaged with sympy. Which USE flag? Just `opengl' or
a new  `plot' flag?

- General ebuild review is also appreciated :)