From: Michael Hammer <michael@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-devhelp] CPAN Modules
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 12:31:45
1 Hi!
2
3 I am writing an ebuild for ikiwki. That's a wiki compiler written in
4 Perl which uses a few modules from CPAN. At least it needs
5
6 Text::Markdown
7 URI
8 HTML::Parser
9 HTML::Template
10 HTML::Scrubber
11
12 Depending on some non global USE I would need a few more CPAN modules
13 I have to install. I would like to use g-cpan but there are a few
14 things which aren't nice to implement.
15
16 * I've asked myself if anybody already has made some kind of function
17 set (eclass?) for automatically install CPAN modules.
18
19 * If I am installing g-cpan as dependency and the user has no overlay
20 defined temporary ebuilds are created to install the Modules but
21 they aren't tracked for update or removal if no longer
22 needed. That's not very cute.
23
24 * The other possibility I see is to create an ebuild for each CPAN
25 module I need. Does that conflict with the idea of g-cpan?
26
27 Thanks for any help in advance
28
29 mueli
33 ______
34 Michael Hammer / |
35 GPG-Key-ID: 0x1BA5F0DE \______|
36 GPG-Fingerprint: ||
37 8704 11D1 048A 2F24 89D0 6B9E 3EC4 6EDF 1BA5 F0DE ||
38 phone: +43 (0) 650 86 33 55 8 ||
39 Graz - AUSTRIA ||
40 http://www.michael-hammer.at/ michael@×××××××××.net ~~