From: Michael Hammer <michael@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-devhelp] CPAN Modules
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 12:31:45

I am writing an ebuild for ikiwki. That's a wiki compiler written in
Perl which uses a few modules from CPAN. At least it needs

Depending on some non global USE I would need a few more CPAN modules
I have to install. I would like to use g-cpan but there are a few
things which aren't nice to implement.

* I've asked myself if anybody already has made some kind of function
  set (eclass?) for automatically install CPAN modules.

* If I am installing g-cpan as dependency and the user has no overlay
  defined temporary ebuilds are created to install the Modules but
  they aren't tracked for update or removal if no longer
  needed. That's not very cute.

* The other possibility I see is to create an ebuild for each CPAN
  module I need. Does that conflict with the idea of g-cpan?

Thanks for any help in advance

Michael Hammer                                                /      |
GPG-Key-ID: 0x1BA5F0DE                                        \______|
GPG-Fingerprint:                                                 ||
  8704 11D1 048A 2F24 89D0  6B9E 3EC4 6EDF 1BA5 F0DE             ||
phone: +43 (0) 650 86 33 55 8                                    ||
Graz - AUSTRIA                                                   ||           michael@×××××××××.net    ~~

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-devhelp] CPAN Modules Henry Gebhardt <hsggebhardt@××××××××××.com>