From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-devhelp] Re: How do I select a specific Git "head" in live ebuilds?
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 01:48:21
1 On 08/28/2010 10:05 PM, James Cloos wrote:
2 >>>>>> "NC" == Nikos Chantziaras<realnc@×××××.de> writes:
3 >
4 > NC> I tried putting:
5 >
6 > NC> EGIT_BRANCH="stable-0.4"
7 >
8 > NC> in the ebuild. But this doesn't seem to help; "master" is emerged
9 > NC> instead of "stable-0.4".
10 >
11 > NC> What am I doing wrong?
12 >
13 > Move the EGIT_ declarations earlier in the file. IIRC, EGIT_BRANCH will
14 > only work if it is before the inheirit.
15 >
16 > (It took me *quite* a bit of trial-and-error to get it to work the first
17 > time I wanted to use a non-master HEAD.)
18 >
19 > -JimC
20
21 That was indeed the problem. Thank you very much!