From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Cc: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] [Fwd: Re: RFC: etiquette enforcment]
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 13:43:59
On Fri, 2006-05-19 at 09:16 -0400, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-05-19 at 13:13 +0200, Wernfried Haas wrote: > > > Basically, my point is that Gentoo problems belong on Gentoo ML's. But > > > personal conflicts don't. If a dev doesn't follow that common sense approach, > > > then mob rule will prevail. ;-) > > > > Maybe i don't quite understand what you mean with mob rule, what > > exactly would it do (e.g. in the example i mentioned above)? > > It wouldn't do anything. We have a nice, long list of "repeat > offenders" that no matter how many times you tell them to be civil, they > either can not, or more likely, will not, as they are aware that there > are no consequences to their actions. >
One possible consequence is that people get tired of the discussion and quit responding. Presumably, as long as people are responding to each other, they are interested in keeping the discussion going in the tone they are using among themselves.
> Plain and simple, mob rule does not work if there are no "teeth" to > actually enforce the rule. >
Implicit in "mob rule", I think, is that it is self-regulating. If I am misunderstanding, I ask Jason to clarify. Regards, Ferris -- Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o> Developer, Gentoo Linux (Devrel, Sparc)

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-devrel] [Fwd: Re: RFC: etiquette enforcment] Jason Huebel <jhuebel@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-devrel] [Fwd: Re: RFC: etiquette enforcment] Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>