From: Olivier Fisette <ribosome@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] Proposal
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 02:02:39
On Monday, 6 June 2005 07:23 pm, Michael Tindal wrote:
> This proposal is meant to clarify the devrel procedures for > investigation and action taking, and making the decision > making process more transparent. This does not take the power > away from devrel, mearly splits it within devrel to ensure > that an outcry over how the situation was handled happens > again. > > The current proposal can be found here: > >
I really like this. The only omission I can see is what the Investigation subproject members should do if they believe a developer is likely to be a short-term important danger for the project. I think in this case investigators should be allowed to bypass the Judiciary subproject and ask Infra to immediately suspend the developer's access to relevant portions of our infrastructure. Devrel should then immediately disclose this decision to the public (developer base). To continue the "real life analogy", this is a bit like law enforcement agencies keeping people in custody before they are formaly accused because they could be a danger to society. Thanks for your work, -- Olivier Fisette (ribosome) Gentoo Linux Developer -- gentoo-devrel@g.o mailing list