From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@l.g.o, gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-devrel] Re: [gentoo-core] Suspended devs and -core
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 07:10:24
On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 03:27:28PM -0500, Grant Goodyear wrote:
> My understanding is that a dev who is suspended loses all access to > -core. Is that right? Assuming so, it occurs to me that if we expect > the dev to come back (and I assume we do, or the dev would be expelled > instead of suspended), then perhaps it would make more sense to only remove > write access to -core, while leaving read access? An alternative would > be if we archived -core, and the newly reinstated dev could then read > the archives, but read-only access seems simpler. The rationale is that > in those rare cases where suspended devs return, it benefits Gentoo if > the suspended dev is able to stay up to date.
I'm not sure this is wise. If a suspended/expelled developers still receives the -core mails, he is more likely to, in his fury of being suspended/expelled, use this privilege in a negative way. Also, how long would this last? If a developer is suspended for 2 months but he doesn't return, I assume the read-only access to -core is removed as well. Next, how many suspended developers have returned? Wkr, Sven Vermeulen -- Documentation project leader - Gentoo Foundation Trustee The Gentoo Project <<< http://www.gentoo.org >>>