From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o, gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-devrel] Suspended devs and -core
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 20:27:09
1 My understanding is that a dev who is suspended loses all access to
2 -core. Is that right? Assuming so, it occurs to me that if we expect
3 the dev to come back (and I assume we do, or the dev would be expelled
4 instead of suspended), then perhaps it would make more sense to only remove
5 write access to -core, while leaving read access? An alternative would
6 be if we archived -core, and the newly reinstated dev could then read
7 the archives, but read-only access seems simpler. The rationale is that
8 in those rare cases where suspended devs return, it benefits Gentoo if
9 the suspended dev is able to stay up to date.
10
11 Thougnts or comments?
12
13 Thanks,
14 g2boojum
15 --
16 Grant Goodyear
17 Gentoo Developer
18 g2boojum@g.o
19 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
20 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76