From: Deedra Waters <dmwaters@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Cc: Flammie Pirinen <flammie@××××××××.fi>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] Re: Finnish translator status
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:56:10
On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Xavier Neys wrote:

> Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 11:15:06 +0200 > From: Xavier Neys <neysx@g.o> > Reply-To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o > To: Flammie Pirinen <flammie@××××××××.fi> > Cc: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o > Subject: [gentoo-devrel] Re: Finnish translator status > > Flammie Pirinen wrote: > > I'm sorry if I have missed something, but is there something specific I > > should be doing now to get things progressing, apart from qa-checking > > and bugzillaing rest of the important document translations? I haven't > > received any info from anyone so I was just wondering if my over active > > spam filtering or something similar made me miss something important. > > > > And about the quiz answers, the reason they were a bit brief is that I > > couldn't quite motivate myself as to why a documentation translator > > would need to have solid knowledge about ebuild development mechanics. I > > mostly just answered what I had learned from translating the handbooks > > and by experience within few years.
His quiz is fine, most of us however have been a bit sidetracked with a combination of work, school, and working on the topics discussed in tuesday's meeting. I will say however that yes, a docs person is still a dev, and is expected to have some knolage of gentoo. The staff quiz is not that dificult, and has maybe 1 or 2 technical questions;p
I'm going to try and get him set up today now that things have settled down a bit, assuming I don't get swamped withwork/school stuff.