From: Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] devrel meeting etc
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 19:09:49
1 On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 09:00 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Paul Varner wrote:
3 > > I then see a meeting where a panel looks at all of the evidence
4 > > collected, asks for testimony if neccessary to reach a decision, and
5 > > makes a decision.
6 >
7 > If you think either of these will be resolved in one hour-long meeting
8 > or similar, you're sadly mistaken.
9
10 If the meetings are an a channel where everyone can talk, then I
11 definitely see your point.
12
13 However, If three people who are the only ones with a voice in the
14 channel can't make a decision in an hour long meeting, then maybe the
15 situation is complex enough to require more time. What is wrong with
16 that?
17
18 A public meeting doesn't mean that anybody can just show up and spout
19 off. It means that they can attend and listen and if recoginized by
20 those holding the meeting, then they can talk.
21
22 Regards,
23 Paul
24 --